Lombardstreet Ventures is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley that accelerates, invests, and works with startups, entrepreneurs, and corporations to advance the future of software. Lombardstreet Ventures also manage the Silicon Valley Italian Hub in Menlo Park, which provides education, bootcamps, workshops, and acceleration programs for startups, corporates, investors, and universities.
The candidate will have a direct impact on the growth of the company by identifying inbound leads and opportunities. He will be responsible for providing support to the partners in all aspects of potential and active investments in startups. He will maintain active engagement with the local startup ecosystem, participating in startup accelerator events, and attending industry meetups, looking for potential clients and strategic partnerships, which bring business opportunities. Must be a talented communicator and have a clear passion for the software industry and for the startup ecosystem.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing a portfolio of accounts to achieve long-term success;
- Generating new opportunites using existing and potential customer networks;
- Develop positive relationships with clients;
- Monitor metrics and report to the executive and suggest actions to improve sales performance and identify opportunities for growth;
- Generate high-quality deal flow by proactively identifying investment opportunities;
- Continually monitor and investigate macro and micro industry trends to recommend new sectors of technology for evaluation and potential investment;
- Stay up-to-date with the local startup ecosystem and interact with it;
- Create clear and concise investment memos to the investment committee;
- On-board startups into the hub programs;
- Act as point of contact for startups in-program and support founders as needed (both in-office and virtually);
- Leading project management activity, if necessary.
Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field
- 1-2 years experience in B2B sales or in consulting or investment banking
- Previous experience as a startup founder or at a startup or at a startup accelerator or similar programs
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Business acumen with a problem-solving attitude
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a small team
- Ability to interact professionally with company founders and executives